INNOVATION IS OUR DRIVE
Neander Shark GmbH with the Headquarter in Kiel, Germany, is an innovative engineering company with a start-up character in the field of engine development. Our team consists of around 30 motivated employees.
Since 2018, we have been in series marketing of our turbo diesel outboard engine with our patented double crankshaft technology. The end customers of our engine are predominantly from the commercial shipping industry, as this is where our unit primarily shows its advantages. On the production side, YANMAR Italy S.p.A. is our reliable partner.
We actively developing an up-grade to the current product in order to comply with the stringent emissions standards in the US. For this reason, we are looking for further reinforcement:
DESIGN ENGINEER (M/F/D)
Your tasks in our team are mainly focused on:
- the production design,
- talking with suppliers to develop production ready designs.
Experienced and on time – your profile speaks for itself:
- Experience of Diesel engines.
- Experience in using CREO CAD systems.
- Experience in drafting 2D drawings to a production level standard.
- Experience of self-checking work (Package / tolerance stacks / standards checks).
- Knowledge of using a PLM / Design release systems (NEANDER are using in-house developed software).
- Understanding of the requirements for production releasing of complex components and systems.
- Confidence to work alone and remotely.
- The ability to talk with suppliers to develop production ready designs.
- A good understanding of time-management.
- A good level of problem solving.
- Ability to occasionally travel (typically, Germany, Italy and the UK).
- Proficient level in the English language.
Why join us?
You would be joining a programme where the concept design is complete and the validation prototypes are under construction. Your primary work would be focused on the production design and any issue found in validation / development.
- Type of contract: initially limited to 6 months, project-related
- Attractive remuneration
- Vacancy: open for immediate occupation
- Remote working
- High level of flexibility to the right candidate
- Reporting directly to the Chief of Engineering
- Working with a small engineering team of 9 people
NEANDER SHARK GMBH | Falklandstr. 1 – 3 | 24159 Kiel | GERMANY
Please send your informative documents including your salary expectations to Mr. Ben Sherwood | Phone: +49 (0) 431 – 22 13 97 10 | firstname.lastname@example.org